How to get a driving license in Riyadh
- Passport size photographs
- Original Iqama and a copy of it
- Passport Copy and Visa Copy
- Driving license of your native country
- Original Blood group report from any hospital. (You can also get this done from the Medical Lab outside the driving school for SR.30)
Now head to the Dallah Driving School located near Dallah Hospital on the King Fahad Highway. It’s best to reach the school early, by 8:00AM at least! Talk to someone you find in the school and they will be able to guide you with the rest of the procedures. So here goes…
- Go get your native driving license translated to Arabic. This can be done from any of the typing centers in front of the driving school. Charge: SR.45
- Next, get your file prepared. Submit all your documents at the File preparation center close by and get it done. Charge: SR.30
- Pay the License Fee. It’s SR.200 for FIVE years and SR.400 for a TEN years license. There are people ready to get this done on the spot through their mobile for SR.30. Else you can get the payment done through Riyadh Bank / Al Rajhi Bank against your iqama number.
- If you do not have your blood group report with you, go to the Medical lab. Charge: SR.30
- Enter the school with your file and go to Hall No.2 to get your Eye’s tested as well as your License checked.
- Now, Move on to Hall No.4 for the initial driving test. You will find Toyota Camry cars here. Get into the one assigned for you and put on your seat belt. Verify that your rear view mirror, hand brake and seat adjustment are right. Now, follow the instructors’ directions. Stay calm as this is just a simple test to check if you indeed know how to drive. You will be required to move the vehicle forward, reverse and by the roundabout. If you pass the Instructor signs an “I” alif on your form.
- If you’ve failed the test you will be asked to attend 15days of driving classes.
If you’ve PASSED the test move on to Hall No.2 and pay SR100 for the instruction class that would be conducted on the same day. Your file will be held and you will be given a receipt instead which mentions the Hall number and the time of your instruction class. Be in time for this mandatory class where your will be briefed on the computer test.
- Go to Hall No.5 for the instruction class. You’ll be given a book/chart of traffic signs and rules when you attend the class. Your receipt will be stamped after the class and the date and time of the computer test will be announced, which would probably be the next day.
- To pass the computer test you have to get 15/20 right answers in case of private driving license and 18/20 correct in case of heavy driving license. All the Questions that appear on the touch screen will be Multiple Choice Questions. You get 30 minutes to complete the test. As soon as you get 15 right, the test ends and you will be congratulated!
- If you’ve cleared the computer test, you will be called immediately for the driving test. Stay cool and do your best. Go as per your examiners direction.
- Put on your seat belt. Adjust the side and rear view mirrors.
- Take off the hand brake and put the car in 1st gear and
- Follow the signals, use the indicators wherever necessary and drive safely.
- When parking, make sure you park straight.
- Put on the double signals, the hand brake, and put the gear to neutral.